BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

LOVING YOU IS EASY COZ YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL


In this world where people are vain, the word “pretty” is often used as a sign of appreciation to the one who looks like an actor or actress seen on movies and televisions. They are the ones who have slim bodies, fair complexions, tall, perfect teeth, and shiny black hair.


What about those who don’t posses such qualities? We cannot deny the fact that there are people who are round, short, skinny, dark skin tone, crooked teeth and flat noses. Are they not pretty in the eyes of the judgmental society? Then again, who are we to judge?

We live in a cruel, demented world where people would discriminate you or look down of you if what they termed “acceptable” could not be seen in you. Those are the people who will pull you down even if you are successful. And it is all because of the word “insecurity”.



Honestly, I am one of the victims of insecurities. I wished I was taller.. wished my skin tone was fairer.. wished I was prettier.

For three years, I have often bugged my boyfriend with the question: “Why me? I am not as pretty as your exes back in Manila.” He would ask back: “Are you not pretty?” Of course, my answer would be a big “NO”.

One day, I asked him the same question again: “Why me? I am not as pretty as your exes back in Manila.” Then, he smiled at me, pulled me closer to him and hugged me. Then, he whispered in my ear: “Sweetie, you’re not pretty.. You’re beautiful.”

Those words weakened my knees. As if it were jellies wobbling that I had to cling on to him for support.

With those words, he made me realize that sometimes; physical appearance is not the most important factor when in a relationship. Sometimes, its how he/she looks at you in the most loving way without having regrets that it’s you they chose.

Whether you are tall or short, slim or round, fair toned or not, at the end of they day, those would not matter after all. Because at the end of the day, you would still find yourself back into the arms of that someone whom you love and sees you in the most beautiful way.. inside.. and out..

0 comments: